The Twitch Partnership Program is for those who are serious about streaming and want to advance from Affiliate status. Twitch Partners are content developers who stream everything from games to music to discussion shows to art to just about anything else. We want to hear from you if you enjoy sharing your work with a live audience and have a big following on Twitch or other platforms. If you’d want to learn more about how to expand your Twitch channel, check out this article.
WHAT IS MONETIZATION?
- Subscriptions and emotes for Twitch Partners: Twitch Partners can make money by accepting subscriptions from their viewers. Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, or the Prime free subscription are the subscription options. The amount of money a subscriber gets from a subscription varies based on where they live. More information about local subscription prices can be found here. Up to 60 channel emotes are also available to partners.
- Bits: Bits are a virtual good that viewers can purchase to support your channel without having to use an external website or third party. Twitch gives participating Partners a 1 cent each Bit used to Cheer for their piece of the revenue Twitch collects from Bits. You can also personalize your Cheermote and Bit Badges as a Partner.
- Advertising: Partners get a cut of the revenue from any ads that are shown on their channel. Through their dashboard, partners may control the length and frequency of mid-roll advert
WHAT ARE THE SPECIAL FEATURES TO HELP YOU GROW YOUR CHANNEL?
- Special Chat Badges – Based on sub tenure, partners can generate custom chat badges for subs.
- Custom Emoticons – Depending on how many subscription points you have, you can unlock up to 60 emote slots.
- Partners can personalize the prefix code that appears in front of their emoticons.
- Bit Badges, Bits Reward Emotes, and Cheermotes can all be customized.
- Badge for being a verified user.
- For your chatbot, you’ll get two-lifetime channel subscriptions.
- Up to three more free lifetime channel subscriptions can be given to friends and family based on your total number of subscribers.
WHAT ARE VOD FEATURES?
Extended VOD Storage: VODs are preserved for 60 days instead of the customary 14 days for partners.
Reruns and Premieres: Show off new videos to your viewers by rebroadcasting old ones.
STREAMS FOR SUBSCRIBERS
Subscriber Streams allow Creators to broadcast to their most devoted community members, such as subscribers, VIPs, and moderators. More information on Subscriber Streams can be found here.
SUPPORT WITH PRIORITY
Twitch Partners have access to a support team that is dedicated to them. While logged in to your Partner account, visit our help portal and you should receive a response from the Partner Help team within 1-2 business days.
CREATION OF A TWITCH TEAM
By requesting one through Partner Help, Twitch Partners can form their Stream Team.
ACCESS TO EXCLUSIVELY FOR PARTNERS OPPORTUNITIES
Special promotional possibilities such as Partner Spotlights, Meet & Greets, Partner Panels, Streamer Zones, and more will be considered for partners.
VIDEO TRANSCODES WITH A GUARANTEE
Partners will always have priority access to high-quality channel options. Viewers can alter the quality of a broadcast they are watching for the optimum viewing experience. Partners are guaranteed transcodes for all of their broadcasts, whilst non-partnered stations receive transcodes based on available capacity.
DELAY IN THE STREAM
To maintain fairness during competitive play, partners might delay their broadcast by up to 15 minutes.
WHO QUALIFIES THE CRITERIA FOR TWITCH PARTNER?
We’re seeking partners who can serve as community role models and meet the following requirements. If you don’t meet these requirements right now, you should look into the Affiliate Program, which you can get through the Path to Affiliate achievement. Creator Camp, the go-to strategy guide for all things Twitch, can also teach you more about how to grow on the platform.
CRITERIA FOR TWITCH PARTNERSHIPS
- To demonstrate a substantial, active viewership/following on other services, complete the Path to Partner milestone.
- Broadcast content that complies with our Community Guidelines, Terms of Service, and DMCA Guidelines.
- Those who finish Path to Partner should be able to meet the achievement’s requirements regularly.
- Please keep in mind that viewers from hosts, raids, reruns, premieres, and the FrontPage feature do not count toward Partnership consideration.
- Streamers who complete the Partner path on their Achievements Dashboard will unlock a button to apply for Partnership and will have their application reviewed first.
- Please keep in mind that completing the Path to Partner achievement only identifies the minimal requirements we look for in potential partners and that completing it does not guarantee Partnership.
WHAT ARE THE TWITCH PARTNER APPLICATIONS?
Those that are serious about streaming should join the Twitch Partnership Program. Twitch Partners are content developers who stream everything from games to music to discussion shows to art to just about anything else. We want to hear from you if you enjoy sharing your work with a live audience and have a sizable, engaged community on Twitch or other platforms.
Guidelines for Collaboration
- Complete the Path to Partner Achievement or show that you have a strong, engaged audience/following on other platforms. Streamers who complete the Path to Partner milestones in your Achievements Dashboard will be able to access a button to apply for Partnership and will have their application considered first. Please keep in mind that these Achievements represent the bare minimum of criteria we look for in potential partners and that accomplishing them does not imply Partnership.
- That complies with our Community Guidelines, Terms of Service, and DMCA Guidelines.
- Please include information about your channel and community, as well as any additional accomplishments you believe, are relevant to your Partnership application. You can also include links to your social media accounts to aid us in our evaluation of your application.
- If you don’t meet these requirements right now, you should look into the Affiliate program, which is available through the Path to Affiliate Achievement. Creator Camp, the go-to strategy guide for all things Twitch, can also teach you more about how to grow on the platform.
- We may take up to 2-4 weeks to respond to you because we take the time to review each application individually. Within 7 business days, those who have completed the Path to Partner Achievement should expect a response.
- All of these are basic rules; exceptions will be handled on an individual basis.
WHAT IS THE TWITCH AFFILIATE PROGRAM?
Individuals can earn money while streaming by joining Twitch’s affiliate program. The platform first concentrates on traditional video game streaming, but it also covers the quickly rising competitive eSports business.
As a Twitch Affiliate, streamers can make money as long as they stream frequently, with the potential of earning money from the sale of games and in-game stuff. They may also profit from ‘Bits,’ which are virtual products that viewers can sell in exchange for a portion of the money.
Streamers can become highly sought-after ‘Twitch Partners’ by successfully growing their affiliate viewership and subscriptions.
Extra emotes, 60 days of historical broadcast storage, dedicated financial assistance, and the chance for followers to subscribe to their channels are just a few of the benefits that a Twitch Partner receives. Amazon owns Twitch, and companies can collaborate with streamers.
WHAT DO TWITCH STREAMERS/PARTNERS GET PAID PER SUBSCRIPTION?
Twitch Partners and their subscription payments typically result in streamers receiving half of the $4.99 per month cost. Twitch collects the other half of the revenue.
Monthly contributions of $9.99 and $24.99 are also available. 1000 monthly subscriptions, for example, would cost $2.5k per month or $30k per year.
WHAT ARE THE EARNINGS OF TWITCH STREAMERS?
That is determined by the streamer. Expert broadcasters can earn between $3,000 and $5,000 per month on average by playing roughly 40 hours per week. This figure excludes ad revenue, which is estimated to be around $250 per 100 subscribers.
Twitch can be beneficial if you put in the effort and build a good audience.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR JOINING THE TWITCH AFFILIATE PROGRAM?
You can fill out an application for the program here. Twitch, in particular, is on the lookout for streamers who aren’t Twitch Partners yet. To be considered for the program, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Over the previous 30 days, I’ve gained at least 50 new followers.
- Your broadcast minutes must be partners of at least 500 minutes.
- You’ll need seven distinct broadcast days.
- 3 or more concurrent viewers on average
HOW SOON WILL I RECEIVE MY INVITATION TO THE PROGRAM?
Twitch will issue you an invite within two weeks after verifying that you match the aforementioned requirements. During this time, you should continue to create broadcasts and give content to your channel.
WHAT IS THE TOTAL NUMBER OF TWITCH PARTNERS?
On Twitch, there are approximately 27,000 Partners out of a total of 2.2 million unique monthly broadcasters. Twitch is still accepting applications for the program.
WHAT ARE THE PAYOUTS FOR TWITCH AFFILIATES?
After the end of the month, if you earn $100 or more, there is a 45-day waiting period until you receive your earnings. The prize pool is $100.
Twitch retains the right to close your affiliate membership if there has been no substantial activity on your Twitch account for at least 12 months and you have not earned at least $100 during that time.
TWITCH BITS: WHAT ARE THEY?
Twitch Bits are the smallest form of payment available to streamers. When a spectator buys a Bit, they’re getting an animated GIF that they can use in chat rooms.
Twitch pays one penny for each bit used in their chatroom to the streamer. Within the first three months of the show, fans spent about $2 million on Bits.